If you haven’t already, it’s time to make the switch. There’s no need to sweat it, it’s an easy transition and we’ll walk you through it. What are we talking about? Ditching the antiperspirant and switching to natural deodorant.
Most people are scared to switch from an antiperspirant to a natural deodorant because they’re scared of sweating. But remember, a little sweat never hurt anybody (sweating is a natural and necessary body process)! In fact, the reason that antiperspirants keep you from sweating is what is hurting you.
Here’s how antiperspirant works: aluminum clogs up your pores that would normally release perspiration, which causes your sweat to build up underneath blocked ducts in your skin. This also causes inflammation, bumps and bacteria that leads to body odor. Doesn’t sound very pleasant, does it? To make matters worse, those aluminum compounds in your antiperspirant are what cause the yellow stains in the armpits of your white shirts.
This isn’t even scratching the surface of all the harmful chemicals found in antiperspirant, including parabens, phthalates, silica, steareths and more, which have been linked to Alzheimer’s, cancer, skin irritation, reproductive disorders, developmental toxicity and muscle weakness, just to name a few.
After hearing all of that, what are you waiting for? Take your antiperspirants and deodorants and throw them in the trash. It’s time for a fresh start! When switching to a natural deodorant, your body might go through a short “detox” period (sometimes up to one month) in expelling the toxins from your body. You might have a strong body odor during this time, so make sure you are washing your skin to help battle the smell. You can help this detox process by exfoliating the skin under your arms and washing your armpits daily with soap (a natural option, like our pure olive oil soap) and water. After your body has gone through the detox, you’ll notice that the body odor is gone and you’ll be naturally smelling fresher.
With Ambre Blends Natural Deodorant, you want to apply and wait for the oil-based deodorant to seep in for a couple of minutes to prevent it from possibly rubbing off onto your shirt or other garments. We recommend starting off with the deodorant in Invoke, Solace, Ahnu, or Unmasque, as their essences are stronger and Ambre Essence is more delicate, especially if you are worried about covering the smell of body odor.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Hold the deodorant up to your armpit for three seconds to let deodorant naturally warm up and soften before applying/swiping on.
- Swipe back and forth, five times at the most. We as a society use way too much deodorant in one application. We’re all guilty of it, we had to retrain our brains as well to know that we don’t need that much on at a time, even though we might think we do.
- Just apply to center of your armpit where hair growth naturally occurs, not on the outer pit area.
- Keep in mind, when you are switching from a antiperspirant to a natural deodorant, your body is not used to sweating out all the toxins, but all the same you need to get them out. Give it around 10-15 days for you to sweat all the toxins built up from your antiperspirant keeping them in your body. Usually excess sweating occurs and is more noticeable because you’re not used to sweating when using an antiperspirant. There could be some irritation associated with that which could be from detox, but most likely from over application (the baking soda can mess with your pH, causing redness).
- After continued use of our natural deodorant, you’ll notice less sweating. If you shave your underarms, please make sure your razor is replaced every few weeks. Dull razors hold bacteria and can cause irritation that you might assume is irritation from the natural deodorant.
Know what’s going on your skin! The ingredients in our natural deodorant include baking soda and arrowroot (deodorants), probiotics, coconut oil and grapefruit seed extract (anti-bacterials), aloe vera and shea butter (skin soothants) and Ambre Blends Oil Essence (scent). Our natural deodorant is 100% pure, all-natural and free of all toxins. These soothing ingredients will eliminate body odor while radiating your favorite Ambre Blends scent.